Sunday, April 11, 2010

taking a little break

Every year around my birthday, I like to re-read some of my old journals. It reminds me of who I am and where I've been and how faithful God has been. Its like stepping back from an intricate jigsaw puzzle and seeing what you have so far and where you need to focus your attention.

This year one the things that struck me was that I haven't written anything in a really long time. In my journal or on here.

The original purpose of this blog was to get me writing again. Its kinda taken on a life of its own now, which involves very little actual writing. Its become just another way for me to veg out. I don't like it.

Etsy finds aren't real writing and perusing dozens of blogs isn't real reading.

So I've taken a break this week, and have instead spent my time reading actual books and getting back in touch with actual people. Its been nice.

I'm not giving up blogging, but I'm hoping to change the ratio of fluff to writing.

We'll see if that happens...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Amy,

I know how you feel. I blog a bit at just34me.wordpress.com and I struggle to provide content with meaning and not just the stuff from my brain. Thanks for sharing. I hope the real world adds to the virtual! Blessings.

Amy Farley

amybeth said...

Thanks Amy! I always appreciate a comment! I've read some of your blog and really enjoyed it. I liked the post about women being afraid to be feminine. Next time I'll comment. Promise. I'm a horrible blog stalker. lol.