Monday, November 9, 2009

So, I've been feeling pretty blue the past few days. I'm so frustrated with Washington and all the incredible things that they've been doing. I love this country and I love this country's constitution, and I hate that our elected officials have been deciding little by little that the constitution is "more like guidelines, anyway." The economy is a mess, the troops are hung out to dry, our president doesn't believe in evil, they are one bill away from controlling 49% of our economy, there are no jobs, taxes keep going up, everything in Fort hood... so on and so on...
And then other stuff. People that I know who are suffering unjustly. Or justly. Broken lives.

BUT:

The words of the Lord are pure words;
as silver tried in the furnace on the earth, refined seven times.

And

(He) will arise...will set him in the safety for which he longs.

...when vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

ps. 12


Its times like this when I can relate to Ps. 119, and feel like singing about the Word. There's nothing like it. It cleans me up when I'm stuck in the muck. It gives me hope when I've none.

Its times like this when I shake my head at myself and wonder how on earth He puts up with me.

No comments: