Friday, March 2, 2012

Whatcha Eatin'? #1

I confess, I am terrible with planning menus for the week. I have a hard time enjoying the process even though I know it makes life so much easier. (Especially without a car to run out for ingredients at the last minute.) So I'm going to try to post here to keep me accountable and share recipes. We'll see how I do...

This week, in no particular order:

White Chicken Enchiladas with Spanish Rice
Chicken Tortilla Soup*
Crust-less Sausage and Spinach Quiche
Beef Stir Fry
Minestrone soup* with no knead bread
Chicken Piccata* with steamed veggies and Orzo salad*

And one desert because we're having company (such a great excuse isn't it?):

Homemade Oreos*

*indicates new recipe. Five new recipes this week. This is not representive of an average week for me. I usually try maybe one new recipe every seven days or so, but I'm on a foodie kick lately.

Now... This will probably (okay, definitely) run over into next week because each of these meals will last more than one day (and neither of us minds eating leftovers a few days in a row) but these are the recipes I'm shopping for today.

1 comment:

A.K. said...

I tried that too (and am still trying). I like meal-planning, but sometimes it just seems like too much effort. But then there's that moment at 4:30 when you're rummaging through the freezer trying to find something that will thaw quickly...