Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cabbage

My latest culinary adventure. Learning to do something with this super-duper cheap healthy winter veggie. Never having bought or cooked or tasted one, I was a little nervous. The only time I remember someone eating cabbage was the Bucket family on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. They ate cabbage soup. Every day. Because its cheap.

But it's delicious! Sweet and crunchy. It reminds me of raw corn, except less juicy.

So far I added it to soup and made coleslaw. Both successes. The changes I made to the coleslaw recipe: using half apple-cider vinegar, red onions, adding carrots, and cutting back on the sugar, (I picked this recipe because it was healthier than the creamy kind...a full cup of sugar kinda undoes that.)

That coleslaw is awesome.

No comments: