Saturday, January 16, 2010

Another yummy vegetarian meal

I knew I had something I wanted to post here.

Pioneer Woman's Sesame Noodles. WOW. Seriously up the anti for stir-fry night... unbelievable when combined with a good stir fry and rice. Or rock the house using up leftover noodles that always sit in the fridge until someone works up the nerve to throw out...A WHOLE HALF A POUND OF NOODLES. I hate throwing out food. It's so wrong. It makes me feel like Joey Tribbiani. "Well don't waste it, it's still FOOD."

Seriously, try them, they're better than carry out lo-mein. Even when you only use half the ingredients like me.

I only use the noodles (obviously), garlic, sesame oil, sugar, and sub red pepper flakes for hot chile oil. I'm too lazy to go to the store to buy the things i don't have, and two kinds of oil seems excessive to me. Oh and I throw it all in a pot instead of I bowl 'cause I like the garlic a lil' roasty. Try it, trust me


.

Oh SO GOOD.

Beefygeek took these leftovers for lunch twice. The first time one of his co-workers came to his office asking "WHAT are you eating?" The next time a different co-worker said, "MAAAANNNNN, you eat like a king." Those poor guys only ever get fast food or lean pockets.

Speaking of stir fry... as I was a moment ago. Instead of store bought sauce use: soy sauce, red pepper flakes, a LITTLE corn oil, and... brown sugar. Don't skimp on the brown sugar either, trust me. Takes it from "eh" to "UM." It's loosely based on the sweet and sour recipe here. They say to mix it beforehand, I usually just toss it all in "to taste." Make sure your meat is cooked all the way before you taste anything though, cause that's nasty.

No comments: