Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mermaids.


Kelp Beds Anacapa Island
Originally uploaded by d0c3nt
Still, every once in a while I dream about that mermaid. Except instead if being terrified, I'm just THERE swimming, floating, sometimes motionless in the deep dark waters. There's light streaming in, breaking through the green, blue, gray, black all around me, changing the colors continually. The greenish blue plants caressing me here and there as they move.

A morning after one of those dreams I found this picture.

If I thought there was a shred of evidence supporting evolution, I'd totally get behind the idea that we originated in the sea. Something about the deep, ever moving darkness makes me feel at home. Hmmm... now that I think about it, maybe it reminds us of the womb. Maybe that's where the whole idea of the origin of species started. Maybe not. Whatever the case maybe, in heaven, I'm asking for gills. Or maybe just the ability to hold my breath for a long, long time.

No comments: