Thursday, January 21, 2010

Basalmic Chicken

Just made the best boneless skinless chicken breast I've ever made. Here's what I did:

- Into a 9X13 pan... or whatever size: Basalmic Vinegar (enough to cover the pan with out tipping), a smidgen of olive oil, four minced garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and shake or two of crushed red pepper, pinches of rosemary, thyme, and sage.
- Thinly sliced chicken breast into the pan, coat both sides.
- Bake, covered on 375 for about 25-30 minutes, turning once and removing the cover for the last ten minutes or so.

Seriously. As good as that chicken I love at Carrabba's. Especially mixed with a buttered baked potato. Carrabba's definitely dips their chicken in butter.

I read on Slashfood about how there are three kin ds of seasonings : oil/fat, spices/aromatics, and acids (vinegars, wines, citrus fruits etc.). The point of the article was that most of us ignore the third category most of the time. I think that's true, I never thought to add vinegar to anything before Jon taught me some Filipino cooking (they use a lot of vinegar). So now I'm experimenting with acids! (Sounds like a dangerous undertaking.)

Can't wait to buy a decent camera so i can upload some pictures on here. This chicken is GORGEOUS.

No comments: